War child's mission is to work with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. War Child takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
War Child's vision is for a world where no child knows war.
Just to name a few, War Child has:
- Recruited 95% of their overseas program staff from within the community
- Helped 3,900 Afghan children attend 45 Safe Spaces and 1,600 community representatives created 90 Community- Based Child Protection Committees
- Helped 350 young people attend War Child classes in South Sudan
- Handled 681 Sexual and Gender-Based Violence cases through provision of free legal aid services in Uganda
- Rebuilt 38 schools destroyed as a result of conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo